It’s Friday afternoon, if you’re back at work then you’re probably flagging, if you’re not then maybe you’re bored of being on holiday, well here’s something to liven up your day…
Introducing the Smudger Samba Soccer Stadium Cycle Safari (SSSSCS) Raffle!
It’s a whole lotta fun, there’s prizes to be won (see list below, hopefully more to follow) including what I consider to be the blue ribbon; the chance to Name My Bike! To explain that one a bit more, throughout my cycle tour – which lasts 5 months don’t forget – I’ll be blogging as often as possible about my adventures and given that my only companion the whole way is the bike this means I’ll be mentioning it a lot. So if you win the ‘naming rights’ then I’ll have to use that name in all my blog posts, eg. “Today I rode ‘name‘ for 8 hours and now I’m walking funny” or “A lorry sped by too close and forced me to steer ‘name’ into a ditch!” or whatever, you get the gist, right? So you can go for a name with special meaning to you, or possibly something funny, or maybe something you want to promote, just nothing obviously offensive or I’ll have to disqualify your suggestion, thanks.
To enter, just donate £5 per entry to my Virgin Money Giving site – http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SmudgerSambaCycle – and in your donation comment please include “Bike name suggestion: xxxxxx”. Also, please agree to Gift Aid and ensure that you tick the “I’m happy to share my name and email address with the fundraiser when I make this donation” box so that I know it was you that entered the raffle. I’ve just made my own entry so you can see this on the fundraising website as an example. The raffle closing date is Weds 15th Jan at midday and then I’ll draw the winners and send out the prizes (except the Brazil ones) by post before I leave on 17th.
- Chance to Name My Bike
- Watford FC 2013/14 home shirt signed by Gianfranco Zola (the last one ever available, probably!) – donated by Watford FC, via the CSE Trust
- Various England football team merchandise – donated by the Football Association, via the Englandfans supporters club
- Santini cycle jersey signed by all participants of the last Race Across America – donated by Laureus SFGF, via Chance to Ride
- Silk tie (ideal for a day at the cricket) – donated by Chance to Shine, via Chance to Ride
- London 2012 Games Maker Swatch watch (unused, in it’s original box) – donated by me, via the Olympics!
- Jack Daniels poker set (including mini booze bottle, cards, dice and chips), donated by me, via a secret santa gift from a few years ago!
- Postcard from a location of your choice in Brazil, I’ll send it when I’m there
- Something typically Brazilian that I find/buy along the way, again I’ll post it when I’m there!
If anyone wants to donate any other prizes please let me know, ta! Now get your entries in, thanks.
PS. I just got this book through in the post today, it’s from a Kickstarter campaign that I supported – need to get prepared for cooking whilst on the road…